A redirect virus searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net has infected my computer since I downloaded some resources from the internet which seemed like unsafe. After realizing that my computer is infected, I run a removal program to remove it, however, it turned out to be a sad ending that this redirect just keeps appearing again and again. I am searching for other removal ways for I am out of ideas now. Is there anyone can help me out please? I will be very grateful if someone can give me some advice.
Introduction of searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net
searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net is a member of redirect viruses which can attack your Google, Firefox and IE without being known. All the browsers installed on your computer will be at risk once this virus gets onto your computer. It harm your DNS settings and installs extra extensions to add-on, after doing this, it has the possibility to hijack your homepage and search engine. Accordingly, there will be tons of ads and unsafe links appear on your browsers and most of the search results offered by this site are showed with “enhanced by Google”. Under this situation, you will receive random pop ups that can redirect you to some unfamiliar sites once you click. During the visit of those malicious sites, you will accidentally download some malware.
The Peculiarity of This Browser Hijacker
-can bypass the detection of anti-virus programs, hence, it can not be easily removed.
-can make redirection when you are browsing the internet.
-can reduce the system loading speed and lead to blue screen.
-can display random ads to bother your regular works.
-can make changes on your browser settings and make them hard to reset.
Any of the above symptoms can be used to judge if your computer is infected by browser hijacker or redirect virus, once you find any trace of it, do remove it immediately.
How can Your Computer Being Infected
Many victims reported that their computer is infected by browser virus which can enter the computer system without any authorization. The attacks of those browser redirect virus are invisible. Under this situation,victims may have no idea about how to deal with such virus. Usually, redirect virus comes under many ways.
1. It can bundle with third party applications and performs its installation when other programs are installing onto the computer system.
2. It can be distributed via spam email attachments which looks nothing malicious.
3. It can hides behind suspicious links. Its creators and developers can implant it into those hijacked sites.
4. It can be downloaded from different sites which can be already controlled by Cyber criminals.
Completely Remove searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net from the Infected PC
Note: the manual removal is not safe enough for inexperienced computer users who do not have any computer skills and removal practices. To these users, we recommend to download auto-fix tool.
If you still want to try manual removal, do follow the steps one by one. Do be careful when you are removing system files and registry.
Step 1: Remove searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net from your computer
1. Click Win+X simultaneously and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Navigate to Uninstall a Program and choose the unwanted software from the list.
3. Press Uninstall to remove searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net.
1. Open the Windows Start menu and go to your Control Panel.
2. Select Uninstall a Program and remove searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net from the list.
1. Open the Windows Start menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Choose Add or Remove Programs.
3. Find searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net in the list and remove it.
Step two:Remove searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net add-on/extension from your browser
*Remove extension from Firefox
1. Open Firefox and go to the Menu button in the right corner or simultaneously press Ctrl+Shift+A
2. From the Add-ons Manager tab, select Extensions (or Appearance).
3. Locate searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net and click the Disable button.
* Remove add-on from Chrome
1. Launch Chrome and open the Chrome menu located in the right corner of the browser screen.
2. Go to More Tools and select Extensions.
3. Locate the unwanted add-on and click on the recycle bin icon next to it to remove it.
4. Click Remove when the confirmation window appears to complete the removal.
*Remove extension from IE
1. Go to the Wrench icon in the upper right of your browser and open the Tools menu (or click Alt+X).
2. Go to Manage add-ons and navigate to Toolbars and Extensions.
3. Choose the extensions you want to delete.
4. Press Remove and click Close.
Step three: Change homepage
1. Click on the Menu button on the right and select Options.
2. Go to the General tab.
3. Type in the address of the site you want to set as your homepage. You can also use the Restore option to reset the Default homepage.
4. Press the OK button to exit the window.
5. Right-click the Firefox icon on your Desktop and navigate to Properties.
6. Check to see if the Target of the shortcut is correct.
1. Open the Chrome menu and go to Settings.
2. In this panel, navigate to Appearance → Show Home button → New Tab page → Change
3. Choose your homepage.
4. Click OK to confirm.
5. Right-click the Chrome Desktop shortcut and go to Properties.
6. Check whether the Target of the shortcut is written correctly.
1. Go to the Wrench icon in the upper right and open the Tools menu (or use the shortcut Alt+X).
2. Select Internet Options.
3. Type the address of the website you have chosen as your homepage going forward.
4. Click OK.
5. Right-click the Internet Explorer shortcut icon on the Desktop and navigate to Properties.
6. Check if the Target of the shortcut is correct.
Step four: Change search provider
1. Click on the Menu button in the upper right side and select Options.
2. Open the Search tab.
3. From the drop-down menu, choose a default search provider.
4. Press the OK button to save the changes and exit this window.
1. Launch Chrome and choose Settings from the Chrome menu.
2. Go to the Search panel from this menu.
3. Select a default search engine from the drop-down menu or go to Manage Search engines.
4. Select the search provider you have chosen and click on “Make default”.
5. Press Done to complete the procedure.
1. Click on the arrow icon in the address bar.
2. Choose Add.
3. Choose an engine from the list displayed by clicking on it and selecting the “Add to IE” option.
4. Press Alt+X to go to the Tools menu.
5. Go to the Manage add-ons option and navigate to Search Providers.
6. Choose the engine you want to set as the default provider and click “Set as default”.
Ways to Stop Infections
Download resources from official sites or trustworthy web pages.
Use anti-virus program to protect your computer.
Do not open unfamiliar emails as well as keeping away from infected email attachments.
Do scan the small print once you are installing something.
Tick out the bundles by rejecting unwanted bundles listed on the boxes.
There will not be a end for searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net redirect virus to damage the infected computer, so users need to take actions to stop its further damage before too late. It can secure you computer on condition that you stop the installation of such redirect threat from downloading and installing. Most of time, redirect virus is able to infiltrate onto the target computer by making use of other downloads or acting like a legitimate program to trick users into installing it. To protect the computer, users need to use anti-virus program to stop the attack. Moreover, perform a entire system scan every now and then to detect potential threats. Next, be vigilant when downloading and installing to check if there is other malicious bundles come along with target programs. Such steps can make prevent computer threats from being downloading without permission.
Download SpyHunter to stop virus attacks
SpyHunter is a professional and effective security tool which aims at removing dangerous virus, detecting potential threats, cleaning insecure traces, stopping malicious downloads, backing up crucial data and uninstalling potential unwanted programs.