What should you do when your default browser page is replaced by Search.greatsocialsearch.com browser virus? What is the main feature of this virus? How to completely remove it from the infected browser once being infected? You can find all the answers of the above question in this post.
Introduction of Search.greatsocialsearch.com Redirect Virus
Search.greatsocialsearch.com is categorized as an redirect virus which is a big threat to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. It makes forcible change on the infected computer as changing start page of Google secretly. Also, it will do the same thing to the search engine without asking for any authorization.
Under the purpose of getting money by showing related commercial ads, this redirect will invade and replace your search results. Those information or ads displayed by this threat is useless to users, instead, they will reduce the performance speed and use up system resources. As a result, users will be bothered by tons of pop ups.
Worst of all, because of the hijack of this threat, you will be redirected to unwanted sites which are possible used for Trojan delivery and forcible Rootkits installation. It s very dangerous if criminals use these Trojan or Rootkies to perform evil activities. By using Trojan or Rootkies, hackers are able to get remote control over your computer and then take the chance to record your personal detail as search keywords and bank accounts. It is necessary to take quick actions to remove Search.greatsocialsearch.com to avoid further loss and troubles.
Problems Triggered by Search.greatsocialsearch.com
The infected compute will encounter a lot of terrible problems once it is attacked by this Search.greatsocialsearch.com virus for it will quickly take actions to interrupt the computer system.
Symptoms of the computer:
1. Appearance of unwanted new icons.
2. Decline of system start performance.
3. Reduction of computer speed.
4. Modification of browser homepage and search engine.
5. Replacement and redirect of search results.
6. Unwanted pop ups when visiting the regular websites.
7. Additional toolbars and plug-ins are added.
8. Malicious URL is installed and added to bookmark lost without permission.
Possible Distibution Ways
How can my computer being attacked by browser virus?This is the most frequent question that many PC users want to ask when computer virus is found on their machine. Redirect virus as Search.greatsocialsearch.com is designed with high technology which can make it escape from anti-virus detection and make system loopholes on the infected machine for introducing more computer threats. The reasons listed below are the most common infected ways:
1. Getting access to insecure sites.
2. Clicking on dangerous links.
3. Downloading infected applications.
4. Installing unsafe Network Drive.
5. Opening unknown email attachments.
6. Inserting EXE codes.
7. Inserting infected devices.
Guides to Remove Search.greatsocialsearch.com
Note: the manual removal is not safe enough for inexperienced computer users who do not have any computer skills and removal practices. To these users, we recommend to download auto-fix tool.
If you still want to try manual removal, do follow the steps one by one. Do be careful when you are removing system files and registry.
Step 1. Uninstall related program from control panel
From Windows 8
1. First of all you have you scroll mouse pointer to right side of the screen>> then type Control Panel in the box and select it.
2. Here choose Uninstall a Program option under programs
3. In the programs And Features>> select Installed On to get all recently installed applications and software.
4. Now right click on the Search.greatsocialsearch.com and other unwanted programs and press Uninstall option.
From Windows 7/ Vista
1. User should click on the Start button and select Control Panel>> then choose Uninstall a Program option under the programs.
2. Inside the Programs and features>> press Installed On to find all newly installed software.
3. Now you need to right click on Search.greatsocialsearch.com and then opt Uninstall option.
Step 2. Clear windows registry
1. Click on the Start Menu and select Run option or you can Press Windows and R key simultaneously to open Run box.
2. Now you should type “regedit” in the box and press OK button.
3. Here you need to remove Search.greatsocialsearch.com and all files related with the threat.
Step 3. Reset browser settings to default
Reset Google Chrome Settings
1. You should click on Google Chrome Menu Button>> Select Settings option
2. Now type “reset Setting” in the search box>> After that press “Reset Settings” button
3. Finally get Reset option.
Note:- If you reset the Google Chrome, then your personal data including Bookmarks, saved password will remain same and only remove extensions, settings, history, cookies etc of Search.greatsocialsearch.com and its related malicious files.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Settings
1. First of all Click on the Menu button on the top right corner of the window>> here select “Open Help Menu”>> now press “Troubleshooting Information” option.
2. In this step user need to choose “Refresh Firefox” option and at last select Finish option.
Reset Internet Explorer Settings
1. Firstly, you have to launch Internet Explorer>> Now click on the “Gear Menu” button and after that choose Internet Options.
2. here you should opt “Advance” tab and then click on the Reset option.
How to Protect Your PC
Update the programs installed on your computer and the operating system you are using in time.
Utilize anti-malware software for system defense and always use the newest version.
Do not open any email attachments if those emails are sent by unknown people or do not be tricked by attractive offers.
Stop perform any click on pop ups. You will be redirected to some unwanted sites which can be evil and dangerous.
Download trustworthy security tool. Most infections can be implanted on insecure software packages.
Search.greatsocialsearch.com redirect threat can bring chaos to your computer and totally mess up the system.
You may consider it as a legitimate site before you learn the detail of it. In fact, it is just common reason that so many victims are tricked by it. After invading your computer, this redirect will slow down the network speed and the system performance of your computer which make it take longer time to connect to the internet or operate a program. Also, it allows remote hacker get remote control over the infected machine via triggering system loophole although there is still a anti-virus program running on your computer. You may only get some unrelated search results with Trojan and other computer threats bundled if you tempt to trust this site. This redirect infection will harass the entire system and destroy and damage all system files as well as collect all the sensitive information if you do not remove it timely. You should realize that your computer is infected by this redirect virus when the next time you find the existence of this website and do not forgive to remove it timely. The most effective way to deal with this threat is to download a professional removal tool to get rid of this threat as soon as possible.
Download SpyHunter to stop virus attacks
SpyHunter is a professional and effective security tool which aims at removing dangerous virus, detecting potential threats, cleaning insecure traces, stopping malicious downloads, backing up crucial data and uninstalling potential unwanted programs.