Is there a strange site named Search.startjoysearch.com on your computer and change your start page without your agreement? Being redirected to some malicious websites after clicking on the fake search results or some insecure links showed on the search results? It is a sign that your computer is probably affected by Search.startjoysearch.com redirect infection. It will bring more and more troubles to your computer unless you take quick actions to remove it now. This post will show you the detail about how to remove such redirect virus manually.
Learn More about Search.startjoysearch.com
Search.startjoysearch.com is created by criminals for marketing a serious of services include search engine, start page and other related services and ads as well. This infection record the search queries and display associated ad-supported links, images and video on the results list. It will first gather your search data in order to surmise your browsing habit and then attract or confuse you with related service and pop ups.
The spread of this threat relies on free resources, it can be delivered through hijacked sites and freeware and shareware to which PC users do not pay enough attention while downloading from the internet. It performs bundling installation when the free resources are downloading or installing and then make modification on your start page or homepage of your browser.
This annoying infection is difficult to remove for it is very stubborn. No only start page but also new tab will be modified by this threat, it change all browser tabs into Search.startjoysearch.com. Moreover, this redirect problems will still appear even you reset your default homepage and search engine because the shortcuts are infected by this redirect virus.
How to Know if Computer is Infected
Search.startjoysearch.com, which always comes with free resources from the internet, is able to modify your browser settings once it enters your computer. It pretends to be a regular site with images, videos and many others search services. This redirect will mislead you to visit some unreliable sites which will threaten your computer with infections. Moreover, it may steal your personal information, including email account and browsing history. You can not let it stay on your computer since it is an PUP.
It is advised to remove it as soon as possible.
How can Your PC be Infected
In most cases, Search.startjoysearch.com is delivered through bundling with free third party downloads. Most of us will disregard those bundled adware and select the convenient Customer installation. As a result, this browser redirect can easily enter the computer system. Additionally, we are easily click on those attractive pop ups as well as sites and do not care about its security when we are browsing. However, the ignorance will bring threats to our computer. For the reason that those pop ups or sites may include sponsored links or attachments and dangerous software as well.
Guides to Remove Search.startjoysearch.com Virus Thoroughly
Note: the manual removal is not safe enough for inexperienced computer users who do not have any computer skills and removal practices. To these users, we recommend to download auto-fix tool.
If you still want to try manual removal, do follow the steps one by one. Do be careful when you are removing system files and registry.
Step 1: Remove Search.startjoysearch.com from your computer
1. Click Win+X simultaneously and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Navigate to Uninstall a Program and choose the unwanted software from the list.
3. Press Uninstall to remove Search.startjoysearch.com.
1. Open the Windows Start menu and go to your Control Panel.
2. Select Uninstall a Program and remove Search.startjoysearch.com from the list.
1. Open the Windows Start menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Choose Add or Remove Programs.
3. Find Search.startjoysearch.com in the list and remove it.
Step two:Remove Search.startjoysearch.com add-on/extension from your browser
*Remove extension from Firefox
1. Open Firefox and go to the Menu button in the right corner or simultaneously press Ctrl+Shift+A
2. From the Add-ons Manager tab, select Extensions (or Appearance).
3. Locate Search.startjoysearch.com and click the Disable button.
* Remove add-on from Chrome
1. Launch Chrome and open the Chrome menu located in the right corner of the browser screen.
2. Go to More Tools and select Extensions.
3. Locate the unwanted add-on and click on the recycle bin icon next to it to remove it.
4. Click Remove when the confirmation window appears to complete the removal.
*Remove extension from IE
1. Go to the Wrench icon in the upper right of your browser and open the Tools menu (or click Alt+X).
2. Go to Manage add-ons and navigate to Toolbars and Extensions.
3. Choose the extensions you want to delete.
4. Press Remove and click Close.
Step three: Change homepage
1. Click on the Menu button on the right and select Options.
2. Go to the General tab.
3. Type in the address of the site you want to set as your homepage. You can also use the Restore option to reset the Default homepage.
4. Press the OK button to exit the window.
5. Right-click the Firefox icon on your Desktop and navigate to Properties.
6. Check to see if the Target of the shortcut is correct.
1. Open the Chrome menu and go to Settings.
2. In this panel, navigate to Appearance → Show Home button → New Tab page → Change
3. Choose your homepage.
4. Click OK to confirm.
5. Right-click the Chrome Desktop shortcut and go to Properties.
6. Check whether the Target of the shortcut is written correctly.
1. Go to the Wrench icon in the upper right and open the Tools menu (or use the shortcut Alt+X).
2. Select Internet Options.
3. Type the address of the website you have chosen as your homepage going forward.
4. Click OK.
5. Right-click the Internet Explorer shortcut icon on the Desktop and navigate to Properties.
6. Check if the Target of the shortcut is correct.
Step four: Change search provider
1. Click on the Menu button in the upper right side and select Options.
2. Open the Search tab.
3. From the drop-down menu, choose a default search provider.
4. Press the OK button to save the changes and exit this window.
1. Launch Chrome and choose Settings from the Chrome menu.
2. Go to the Search panel from this menu.
3. Select a default search engine from the drop-down menu or go to Manage Search engines.
4. Select the search provider you have chosen and click on “Make default”.
5. Press Done to complete the procedure.
1. Click on the arrow icon in the address bar.
2. Choose Add.
3. Choose an engine from the list displayed by clicking on it and selecting the “Add to IE” option.
4. Press Alt+X to go to the Tools menu.
5. Go to the Manage add-ons option and navigate to Search Providers.
6. Choose the engine you want to set as the default provider and click “Set as default”.
Tips for Computer Security
Most of time, you may choose to utilize open the block function on your browsers and stop the installation of unwanted extensions and troubles of pop ups. It is a essential action that should be taken. Moreover, you need to take actions to remove such threat once your computer is infected. Undoubtedly, it should be removed from the control panel timely. However, it needs to find out the exact names of computer infections comes by bundling. Furthermore, you should continue removing all its related items from add/Remove programs.
Created by criminals, Search.startjoysearch.com redirect is super dangerous to the affected computer. It fools you by acting like a legitimate site. You will be redirected to some malicious sites forcibly once it has entered your computer system. It helps remote hackers get access to your computer for privacy theft. Besides, it damages the anti-virus programs installed on your computer and put your computer into risk. Thus, it is recommend you remove it immediately to stop its further damages.
Download SpyHunter to stop virus attacks
SpyHunter is a professional and effective security tool which aims at removing dangerous virus, detecting potential threats, cleaning insecure traces, stopping malicious downloads, backing up crucial data and uninstalling potential unwanted programs.