What should you do when your default browser page is replaced by Search2.search1000tr.com browser virus? What is the main feature of this virus? How to completely remove it from the infected browser once being infected? You can find all the answers of the above question in this post.
What is Search2.search1000tr.com
Search2.search1000tr.com is reported to be redirect virus created by cyber crooks so as to mess up the infected computer and steal victims privacy. This rank redirect threat make use of crucial browser files or even turn them into insecure files or order to put your browsers into danger as well as making forcible access to phishing sites delivering malicious contents to make money. Besides visible browser changes, it also performs invisible activities as gathering browsing history and other valuable data ad then deliver those data to remote hacker for gaining benefits.
Main browsers like Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome will be the focus attacks of this redirect. It replaces search engine and start page of infected browsers. Consequently, the search results will contain a lot of commercial ads and ad-related links due to the replacement. The most obvious symptom of such attack is homepage modification. You will encounter a unfamiliar start page whenever you open the infected browser to surf. Such site serves for its developers as an ads spreader although it looks like a legitimate search site with regular search box. Hence, when you notice you computer is infected by Search2.search1000tr.com, you should remove it from your browsers and computer system as soon as possible.
The Peculiarity of This Browser Hijacker
-can bypass the detection of anti-virus programs, hence, it can not be easily removed.
-can make redirection when you are browsing the internet.
-can reduce the system loading speed and lead to blue screen.
-can display random ads to bother your regular works.
-can make changes on your browser settings and make them hard to reset.
Any of the above symptoms can be used to judge if your computer is infected by browser hijacker or redirect virus, once you find any trace of it, do remove it immediately.
Ways Search2.search1000tr.com Invades Your PC
This redirect threat is capable of utilizing variety channels to sneak into target computer. Most of time, it is bundled with free download as freeware and shareware, and the video players or programs in particular. Under the situation that you scan the installation process too fast and do not check the bundles, you can easily install some unrelated items. Also, redirect virus can be delivered through attaching on the spam email and hiding in the third party downloads.
Guides to Remove Search2.search1000tr.com
Note: the manual removal is not safe enough for inexperienced computer users who do not have any computer skills and removal practices. To these users, we recommend to download auto-fix tool.
If you still want to try manual removal, do follow the steps one by one. Do be careful when you are removing system files and registry.
Step 1. Uninstall related program from control panel
From Windows 8
1. First of all you have you scroll mouse pointer to right side of the screen>> then type Control Panel in the box and select it.
2. Here choose Uninstall a Program option under programs
3. In the programs And Features>> select Installed On to get all recently installed applications and software.
4. Now right click on the Search2.search1000tr.com and other unwanted programs and press Uninstall option.
From Windows 7/ Vista
1. User should click on the Start button and select Control Panel>> then choose Uninstall a Program option under the programs.
2. Inside the Programs and features>> press Installed On to find all newly installed software.
3. Now you need to right click on Search2.search1000tr.com and then opt Uninstall option.
Step 2. Clear windows registry
1. Click on the Start Menu and select Run option or you can Press Windows and R key simultaneously to open Run box.
2. Now you should type “regedit” in the box and press OK button.
3. Here you need to remove Search2.search1000tr.com and all files related with the threat.
Step 3. Reset browser settings to default
Reset Google Chrome Settings
1. You should click on Google Chrome Menu Button>> Select Settings option
2. Now type “reset Setting” in the search box>> After that press “Reset Settings” button
3. Finally get Reset option.
Note:- If you reset the Google Chrome, then your personal data including Bookmarks, saved password will remain same and only remove extensions, settings, history, cookies etc of Search2.search1000tr.com and its related malicious files.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Settings
1. First of all Click on the Menu button on the top right corner of the window>> here select “Open Help Menu”>> now press “Troubleshooting Information” option.
2. In this step user need to choose “Refresh Firefox” option and at last select Finish option.
Reset Internet Explorer Settings
1. Firstly, you have to launch Internet Explorer>> Now click on the “Gear Menu” button and after that choose Internet Options.
2. here you should opt “Advance” tab and then click on the Reset option.
PC Care Tips
Update security tools – the anti-virus programs should be updated when the new version of them are released for the reason that the newest version can protect your PC with higher security level.
Open Internet Firewall – the computer firewall is related to some software or hardware components that can stop your PC from being attacked when connecting to the network. It can provide your system from being infected by viruses.
Update PC operating system – it is kind of Boom Shield that can prevent malicious attacks.
Raise your vigilance when you found any new emails from unknown sender in your inbox.
Stop the installations of pirate software and unreliable programs from insecure sites.
Prevent your privacy from being stolen from social networks, do keep your password changing frequently. Make a limitation on user privilege which can also reduce the danger of being attacked.
Generally, users may wander how does those malicious software or programs sneak onto their computer and attack browsers. Actually, most redirect virus result from third party downloads made by users which help redirect virus get onto the system invisibly. Thus, you need to stay away from suspicious sites and never click on those unknown links. Furthermore, a effective and trustworthy security program can help you avoid being attacked by such threat and safeguard your computer completely.
Download SpyHunter to stop virus attacks
SpyHunter is a professional and effective security tool which aims at removing dangerous virus, detecting potential threats, cleaning insecure traces, stopping malicious downloads, backing up crucial data and uninstalling potential unwanted programs.