Does the start page of your Google Chrome or IE change to Siviewer.com? Wandering why and how can this happen to your computer? Realizing that your search results are replaced by some unwanted websites? Annoyed by a lot of pop ups during surfing the internet? Undoubtedly, it tells you that there is a malicious redirect virus Siviewer.com stays on your computer and you should take actions to remove as soon as possible. Hurry to find an effective solution? Do worry, this post will give the detail about what you need.
More about Siviewer.com
Siviewer.com belongs to browser hijacker which can threaten the target computer. IE, Firefox and Google Chrome installed will be totally corrupted for it is able to change the default settings like homepage and search engine.
Browser virus asSiviewer.com often comes along with freeware, shareware and other third party resources. In reality, the search service offered by it will not provide you any trusted results but sponsored links, ad-related sites or other unwanted results instead. You will get your computer infected by threat when you are getting access to these sites provided by it.
This redirect will also force you to visit some third party sites. Do note that it is not a legitimate search site which may offer you search service. Moreover, this virus will make use of browser history and other sensitive data so as to display related ads. It is advised to remove in time.
Activities Performed by Siviewer.com
1.It modifies browser setting as well as DNS settings.
2.It changes the default settings as homepage and search engine.
3.It replace your search results into random websites.
4.It introduces frequent pop ups to bother you.
5.It uses up most of system resources to reduce the computer loading speed.
6.It gathers sensitive information and send those data to remote hackers for evil purpose.
How does Siviewer.com Enter Your PC
This redirect virus often get installed by utilizing third party programs from insecure sits. Such redirect always spreads with audio or video players, download managers, PDF converters and other resources. It is necessary to choose Advanced or Custom installation while installing those unreliable software. Under this situation, you can manage the third party installation and avoid additional bundles that you do not want. Redirect virus has the possibility to enter your system if you tempt to select Quick or Recommended installation. You need to be careful when installing online resources for computer threats as redirect virus will bundle with them and those free resources in particular.
Guides to Remove Siviewer.com Virus Thoroughly
Note: the manual removal is not safe enough for inexperienced computer users who do not have any computer skills and removal practices. To these users, we recommend to download auto-fix tool.
If you still want to try manual removal, do follow the steps one by one. Do be careful when you are removing system files and registry.
Step 1: Remove Siviewer.com from your computer
1. Click Win+X simultaneously and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Navigate to Uninstall a Program and choose the unwanted software from the list.
3. Press Uninstall to remove Siviewer.com.
1. Open the Windows Start menu and go to your Control Panel.
2. Select Uninstall a Program and remove Siviewer.com from the list.
1. Open the Windows Start menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Choose Add or Remove Programs.
3. Find Siviewer.com in the list and remove it.
Step two:Remove Siviewer.com add-on/extension from your browser
*Remove extension from Firefox
1. Open Firefox and go to the Menu button in the right corner or simultaneously press Ctrl+Shift+A
2. From the Add-ons Manager tab, select Extensions (or Appearance).
3. Locate Siviewer.com and click the Disable button.
* Remove add-on from Chrome
1. Launch Chrome and open the Chrome menu located in the right corner of the browser screen.
2. Go to More Tools and select Extensions.
3. Locate the unwanted add-on and click on the recycle bin icon next to it to remove it.
4. Click Remove when the confirmation window appears to complete the removal.
*Remove extension from IE
1. Go to the Wrench icon in the upper right of your browser and open the Tools menu (or click Alt+X).
2. Go to Manage add-ons and navigate to Toolbars and Extensions.
3. Choose the extensions you want to delete.
4. Press Remove and click Close.
Step three: Change homepage
1. Click on the Menu button on the right and select Options.
2. Go to the General tab.
3. Type in the address of the site you want to set as your homepage. You can also use the Restore option to reset the Default homepage.
4. Press the OK button to exit the window.
5. Right-click the Firefox icon on your Desktop and navigate to Properties.
6. Check to see if the Target of the shortcut is correct.
1. Open the Chrome menu and go to Settings.
2. In this panel, navigate to Appearance → Show Home button → New Tab page → Change
3. Choose your homepage.
4. Click OK to confirm.
5. Right-click the Chrome Desktop shortcut and go to Properties.
6. Check whether the Target of the shortcut is written correctly.
1. Go to the Wrench icon in the upper right and open the Tools menu (or use the shortcut Alt+X).
2. Select Internet Options.
3. Type the address of the website you have chosen as your homepage going forward.
4. Click OK.
5. Right-click the Internet Explorer shortcut icon on the Desktop and navigate to Properties.
6. Check if the Target of the shortcut is correct.
Step four: Change search provider
1. Click on the Menu button in the upper right side and select Options.
2. Open the Search tab.
3. From the drop-down menu, choose a default search provider.
4. Press the OK button to save the changes and exit this window.
1. Launch Chrome and choose Settings from the Chrome menu.
2. Go to the Search panel from this menu.
3. Select a default search engine from the drop-down menu or go to Manage Search engines.
4. Select the search provider you have chosen and click on “Make default”.
5. Press Done to complete the procedure.
1. Click on the arrow icon in the address bar.
2. Choose Add.
3. Choose an engine from the list displayed by clicking on it and selecting the “Add to IE” option.
4. Press Alt+X to go to the Tools menu.
5. Go to the Manage add-ons option and navigate to Search Providers.
6. Choose the engine you want to set as the default provider and click “Set as default”.
PC Care Tips
Update security tools – the anti-virus programs should be updated when the new version of them are released for the reason that the newest version can protect your PC with higher security level.
Open Internet Firewall – the computer firewall is related to some software or hardware components that can stop your PC from being attacked when connecting to the network. It can provide your system from being infected by viruses.
Update PC operating system – it is kind of Boom Shield that can prevent malicious attacks.
Raise your vigilance when you found any new emails from unknown sender in your inbox.
Stop the installations of pirate software and unreliable programs from insecure sites.
Prevent your privacy from being stolen from social networks, do keep your password changing frequently. Make a limitation on user privilege which can also reduce the danger of being attacked.
Siviewer.com redirect threat can bring chaos to your computer and totally mess up the system.
You may consider it as a legitimate site before you learn the detail of it. In fact, it is just common reason that so many victims are tricked by it. After invading your computer, this redirect will slow down the network speed and the system performance of your computer which make it take longer time to connect to the internet or operate a program. Also, it allows remote hacker get remote control over the infected machine via triggering system loophole although there is still a anti-virus program running on your computer. You may only get some unrelated search results with Trojan and other computer threats bundled if you tempt to trust this site. This redirect infection will harass the entire system and destroy and damage all system files as well as collect all the sensitive information if you do not remove it timely. You should realize that your computer is infected by this redirect virus when the next time you find the existence of this website and do not forgive to remove it timely. The most effective way to deal with this threat is to download a professional removal tool to get rid of this threat as soon as possible.
Download SpyHunter to stop virus attacks
SpyHunter is a professional and effective security tool which aims at removing dangerous virus, detecting potential threats, cleaning insecure traces, stopping malicious downloads, backing up crucial data and uninstalling potential unwanted programs.