You should check your computer and the entire system at the first time once your homepage continues to changing to Websearch.searchuniverse.info. Websearch.searchuniverse.info is dangerous browser virus which is considered to be browser redirect virus technically. Your browser settings as browser start page and search engine will be changed by this virus once it has completely invaded the entire system. You need to read more information about such threat if you have already infected by this browser virus.
Detail about Websearch.searchuniverse.info
Websearch.searchuniverse.info is a computer browser threat which comes under the category of browser redirect virus, so it is able to force you to visit some unwanted sites. According to the survey, a large number of computer users has been or being suffered from its attack. It modifies the browser settings after finishing it nasty installation onto your computer. Consequently, you will be forcibly redirected to Websearch.searchuniverse.info whether you are using Google, Firefox, or IE. This is a malicious website even it looks as an legal site with regular search engine that can make you find some web, images, videos, and more resources, some of them will make you unexpectedly get access to insecure site. What is more, this redirect virus will gather your sensitive information, including your IP, Email address as well as your browser history. As it is a threat to your computer, you are advised to remove it from your computer. Hence, just take action to remove it right now.
What will Websearch.searchuniverse.info do to Your PC
Unwanted pop ups within your search results: when you utilize it to search information, there will be a lot of ads listed under your search results. The ads displayed by this threat are all related with it. It aims at helping its partner to increase websites rates after taking use of this search engine. You will encounter more and more ads if you let this threat stay on your computer. You will continue suffer more troubles as slow performance and large consumption of system resources. It is not useful to use optimizer to save your computer speed if you do not remove it.
Random redirection: This infection will display a lot of sponsored links and mislead you to other malicious sites. Moreover, it will never take the responsibility of the safety of the sites it redirects you to. You will be redirected to some unreliable sites. The sites you are accessing to may contain computer threats as Trojan and Rootkits. It is dangerous if your computer gets attacked by infections.
Behavior trace: Victims report that the threat will show a lot of ads related to search results. The reason is that this threat gathers their search information. Actually, it will collect more and more private information. The time you utilize this site to search, it takes chance to spy on your browsing activities and steal useful information. To be more detailed, information about your inline account will be stolen once you perform any payment on the internet. You will face numerous loss if it sends those information to remote hackers.
How can Your Computer Being Infected
Many victims reported that their computer is infected by browser virus which can enter the computer system without any authorization. The attacks of those browser redirect virus are invisible. Under this situation,victims may have no idea about how to deal with such virus. Usually, redirect virus comes under many ways.
1. It can bundle with third party applications and performs its installation when other programs are installing onto the computer system.
2. It can be distributed via spam email attachments which looks nothing malicious.
3. It can hides behind suspicious links. Its creators and developers can implant it into those hijacked sites.
4. It can be downloaded from different sites which can be already controlled by Cyber criminals.
How to Manually Remove Websearch.searchuniverse.info Browser Redirect
Note: the manual removal is not safe enough for inexperienced computer users who do not have any computer skills and removal practices. To these users, we recommend to download auto-fix tool.
If you still want to try manual removal, do follow the steps one by one. Do be careful when you are removing system files and registry.
Step 1. Uninstall related program from control panel
From Windows 8
1. First of all you have you scroll mouse pointer to right side of the screen>> then type Control Panel in the box and select it.
2. Here choose Uninstall a Program option under programs
3. In the programs And Features>> select Installed On to get all recently installed applications and software.
4. Now right click on the Websearch.searchuniverse.info and other unwanted programs and press Uninstall option.
From Windows 7/ Vista
1. User should click on the Start button and select Control Panel>> then choose Uninstall a Program option under the programs.
2. Inside the Programs and features>> press Installed On to find all newly installed software.
3. Now you need to right click on Websearch.searchuniverse.info and then opt Uninstall option.
Step 2. Clear windows registry
1. Click on the Start Menu and select Run option or you can Press Windows and R key simultaneously to open Run box.
2. Now you should type “regedit” in the box and press OK button.
3. Here you need to remove Websearch.searchuniverse.info and all files related with the threat.
Step 3. Reset browser settings to default
Reset Google Chrome Settings
1. You should click on Google Chrome Menu Button>> Select Settings option
2. Now type “reset Setting” in the search box>> After that press “Reset Settings” button
3. Finally get Reset option.
Note:- If you reset the Google Chrome, then your personal data including Bookmarks, saved password will remain same and only remove extensions, settings, history, cookies etc of Websearch.searchuniverse.info and its related malicious files.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Settings
1. First of all Click on the Menu button on the top right corner of the window>> here select “Open Help Menu”>> now press “Troubleshooting Information” option.
2. In this step user need to choose “Refresh Firefox” option and at last select Finish option.
Reset Internet Explorer Settings
1. Firstly, you have to launch Internet Explorer>> Now click on the “Gear Menu” button and after that choose Internet Options.
2. here you should opt “Advance” tab and then click on the Reset option.
Avoid Being Infected by Malware
Pay more attention to P2P files sharing or installation. Insecure files always contain computer threats.
Keep away from free download bundles which are possible to be infected by infections.
Be careful enough when you are browsing the network. You may get access to some infected sites accidentally.
Use anti-virus programs to protect your computer. Do download security tool before too late.
To sum up:
Websearch.searchuniverse.info redirect threat can be a great threat to your computer for it will change the default homepage and search engine forcibly. By bundling with free downloads form the network, it can sneak onto your computer silently. Once installed, it triggers ransom pop ups, poor internet performance as well as system crash. What is more, it allows remote hackers take control over the entire system so as to gather sensitive information. Hence, one any trace of it is found by it, do remove it with quick actions.
Download SpyHunter to stop virus attacks
SpyHunter is a professional and effective security tool which aims at removing dangerous virus, detecting potential threats, cleaning insecure traces, stopping malicious downloads, backing up crucial data and uninstalling potential unwanted programs.