A redirect virus SearchAdventure.net has infected my computer since I downloaded some resources from the internet which seemed like unsafe. After realizing that my computer is infected, I run a removal program to remove it, however, it turned out to be a sad ending that this redirect just keeps appearing again and again. I am searching for other removal ways for I am out of ideas now. Is there anyone can help me out please? I will be very grateful if someone can give me some advice.
Detail about SearchAdventure.net
SearchAdventure.net redirect virus is able to interrupt the computer system badly. This redirect mainly attacks Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc. This site looks nothing different with legitimate search sites but it is used to distribute commercial ads after being installed onto the target computer. By spying on your browser activities and recording related browsing data via using malicious domains, this redirect virus can make money from victims. Usually, it comes by bundling with spam email attachments, hiding in suspicious sites and implanting onto applications from unknown sites.
So dangerous and vicious is this redirect virus for it is capable of running in the background of your computer and making its existence unnoticeable that can help it damage the system silently. At this moment, it will tamper browser settings and default search engine of Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox. The result of this is that you will be redirected toSearchAdventure.net when you are using its search engine. In the end, you will encounter a range of computer troubles as being redirected to unwanted sites, so just take actions to remove it from your computer to avoid further damage and stop the browser issues.
Problems Triggered by SearchAdventure.net
The infected compute will encounter a lot of terrible problems once it is attacked by this SearchAdventure.net virus for it will quickly take actions to interrupt the computer system.
Symptoms of the computer:
1. Appearance of unwanted new icons.
2. Decline of system start performance.
3. Reduction of computer speed.
4. Modification of browser homepage and search engine.
5. Replacement and redirect of search results.
6. Unwanted pop ups when visiting the regular websites.
7. Additional toolbars and plug-ins are added.
8. Malicious URL is installed and added to bookmark lost without permission.
How does SearchAdventure.net get into your PC and How to secure your PC
Similar to other browser redirects, SearchAdventure.net usually comes along with third party programs which are free for users and can be downloaded from suspicious sites. It is not suggested to get access to unfamiliar sites and perform any installation from them. Even if you want to download some programs from such insecure sites, you still need to check and make sure those resources you are going to download are totally safe. It is advised you to select the Advanced or Custom installation and pay more attention to the installation process. Try to avoid those bundling boxes that contain additional applications and introduce other programs to your machine. Keep your PC from unwanted bundles which always come with freeware from the internet.
How to Remove SearchAdventure.net Manually
Note: the manual removal is not safe enough for inexperienced computer users who do not have any computer skills and removal practices. To these users, we recommend to download auto-fix tool.
If you still want to try manual removal, do follow the steps one by one. Do be careful when you are removing system files and registry.
Step 1: Restart your computer in safe mode.
Restart your infected computer and press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys together while the machine is booting up.
Press Shift key and click ‘shut down’ icon at once on the pop-up screen.
Press restart button to access ‘Choose An Option’ screen.
Next select ‘Troubleshoot’ before ‘Advance Options’.
Select ‘Windows Startup settings’ in the next window to continue.
Then press Shift key and click on ‘Restart’ button again to select ‘Enable Safe Mode’.
Restart system and keep tapping “F8” key before Windows loads.
When “Advanced Options Menu” starts, you can use your arrow keys to highlight ‘Safe Mode with Networking” option, and then press Enter key to proceed.
Step two. Remove SearchAdventure.net from Internet Explorer, Chrome & Firefox.
To ensure that “SearchAdventure.net.com” infection is completely removed from your Internet browser, reset your Internet Browser Settings to default.
Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox
Remove SearchAdventure.net.com from Internet Explorer
1. From Internet Explorer main menu, click: “Tools ” and choose “Internet Options“.
2. At “General” tab, delete the unwanted homepage (http://www.SearchAdventure.net.com/…) from “Home page” box & type your preferred Home Page (e.g. www.google.com) and press “OK”.
3. From“Tools” menu, choose “Manage Add-ons” .
4. On “Search Providers” options, choose and “Set as default” a search provider other than the unwanted search provider “SearchAdventure.net”.
5. Then choose the unwanted search provider “SearchAdventure.net” & click Remove.
6. Choose “Toolbars and Extensions”on the left pane.
7. “Disable” any unwanted toolbar or extension from “SearchAdventure.net” publisher.
Extensions to disable/remove in this case:
8. Close all Internet Explorer windows and restart Internet Explorer.
Remove SearchAdventure.net.com infection from Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and go to chrome menu and choose “Settings“.
2. Find the “On startup” section and choose “Set Pages“.
3. Delete the http://www.SearchAdventure.net.com from startup pages by pressing the “X” symbol on the right.
4. Set your preferred startup page (e.g. http://www.google.com) and press “OK“.
5. Under “Appearance” section, check to enable the “Show Home button” option and choose “Change”.
6. Delete the “http://www.SearchAdventure.net.com ” entry from “Open this page” box.
7. Type (if you like) your preferred webpage to open when you press your “Home page” button (e.g. www.google.com) or leave this field blank and press “OK”.
8. Go to “Search” section and choose “Manage search engines“.
9. Choose your preferred default search engine (e.g. Google search) and press “Make default“.
10. Then choose the unwanted SearchAdventure.net (SearchAdventure.net.com) search engine and remove it by pressing the “X” symbol at the right.
Choose “Done” to close “Search engines” window.
11.Choose “Extensions” on the left.
12.In “Extensions” options, remove the unwanted extension by clicking the recycle icon on the right.
13.Close all Google Chrome windows and restart Chrome.
Remove SearchAdventure.net.com from Firefox.
1. Click on “Firefox” menu button and click “Options”.
2. In “General” tab, delete the unwanted homepage: “http://www.SearchAdventure.net.com…” from “Home Page” box & type your preferred homepage (e.g. http://www.google.com). *
* Press “OK” when finished.
3. From Firefox menu, go to “Tools” > “Manage Add-ons”.
4. Choose “Extensions” on the left pane.
5. Remove any unwanted extension (e.g. “SearchAdventure.net”), by pressing the “Remove” button.
6. Close all Firefox windows and restart Firefox.
7. On Firefox URL box, type the following command: about:config & press Enter.
8. Click at “I’ll be careful, I promise” button.
9. In the search box, type: “SearchAdventure.net” & press Enter.
10. Now right-click on every “SearchAdventure.net” value found & select “Reset”.
11. Close all Firefox windows and restart Firefox.
Methods to Secure Your PC
You need to be careful when you want to download third party programs from the network. When there is a optional installation massage pop up and suggest you to agreed, you should realize the danger of what you are going to choose. If there is no need to select the optional installation, you would better disregard it. To say it in another way, it is necessary to prevent unreliable programs from being installed. Otherwise, you will make your computer be infected by malware after the third party installation.
To sum up:
It is not hard to find out that this SearchAdventure.net redirect virus comes along with the free downloads you installed from the internet. Before agreeing the installation of free programs, you.d better read all the terms and conditions as well as bundles. If those infected symptoms mentioned above appear on your computer,you should notice that your computer is attacked by SearchAdventure.net. Such infection is capable of bringing chaos to your computer. Hence, do remove it from you computer system as quick as you can. However, the removal guides listed above can help you effectively and completely get rid of it.
Download SpyHunter to stop virus attacks
SpyHunter is a professional and effective security tool which aims at removing dangerous virus, detecting potential threats, cleaning insecure traces, stopping malicious downloads, backing up crucial data and uninstalling potential unwanted programs.