Is Hotwebfree.com changing your default homepage without asking for any permission? Actually, this is a browser redirect that aims at controlling your start page. It will forcibly modify the browser settings by itself. It belongs to malicious sites that can not do good to PC users but make redirection on browser search instead. Such site shows a lot of commercial pop ups related to ad-supported sites to make money from users. Also, it spies on your browser activities and steal and send useful information to remote hacker.
More about Hotwebfree.com
Hotwebfree.com belongs to browser hijacker which can threaten the target computer. IE, Firefox and Google Chrome installed will be totally corrupted for it is able to change the default settings like homepage and search engine.
Browser virus asHotwebfree.com often comes along with freeware, shareware and other third party resources. In reality, the search service offered by it will not provide you any trusted results but sponsored links, ad-related sites or other unwanted results instead. You will get your computer infected by threat when you are getting access to these sites provided by it.
This redirect will also force you to visit some third party sites. Do note that it is not a legitimate search site which may offer you search service. Moreover, this virus will make use of browser history and other sensitive data so as to display related ads. It is advised to remove in time.
Traits of Hotwebfree.com
1.It can eat up your system resources and slow down your system loading and running speed.
2.It can change your browser settings and force you to visit unwanted sites so as to spy on your online activities.
3.It can help other computer threats to enter your computer as Trojan, Ransomware.
4.It can keep an eye on your computer and gather your search key words for advantage.
How does Hotwebfree.com get into your PC and How to secure your PC
Similar to other browser redirects, Hotwebfree.com usually comes along with third party programs which are free for users and can be downloaded from suspicious sites. It is not suggested to get access to unfamiliar sites and perform any installation from them. Even if you want to download some programs from such insecure sites, you still need to check and make sure those resources you are going to download are totally safe. It is advised you to select the Advanced or Custom installation and pay more attention to the installation process. Try to avoid those bundling boxes that contain additional applications and introduce other programs to your machine. Keep your PC from unwanted bundles which always come with freeware from the internet.
Steps to Remove Hotwebfree.com Redirect Virus
Note: the manual removal is not safe enough for inexperienced computer users who do not have any computer skills and removal practices. To these users, we recommend to download auto-fix tool.
If you still want to try manual removal, do follow the steps one by one. Do be careful when you are removing system files and registry.
Step 1: Restart your computer in safe mode.
Restart your infected computer and press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys together while the machine is booting up.
Press Shift key and click ‘shut down’ icon at once on the pop-up screen.
Press restart button to access ‘Choose An Option’ screen.
Next select ‘Troubleshoot’ before ‘Advance Options’.
Select ‘Windows Startup settings’ in the next window to continue.
Then press Shift key and click on ‘Restart’ button again to select ‘Enable Safe Mode’.
Restart system and keep tapping “F8″ key before Windows loads.
When “Advanced Options Menu” starts, you can use your arrow keys to highlight ‘Safe Mode with Networking” option, and then press Enter key to proceed.
Step two. Remove Hotwebfree.com from Internet Explorer, Chrome & Firefox.
To ensure that “Hotwebfree.com.com” infection is completely removed from your Internet browser, reset your Internet Browser Settings to default.
Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox
Remove Hotwebfree.com.com from Internet Explorer
1. From Internet Explorer main menu, click: “Tools ” and choose “Internet Options“.
2. At “General” tab, delete the unwanted homepage (http://www.Hotwebfree.com.com/…) from “Home page” box & type your preferred Home Page (e.g. www.google.com) and press “OK”.
3. From“Tools” menu, choose “Manage Add-ons” .
4. On “Search Providers” options, choose and “Set as default” a search provider other than the unwanted search provider “Hotwebfree.com”.
5. Then choose the unwanted search provider “Hotwebfree.com” & click Remove.
6. Choose “Toolbars and Extensions”on the left pane.
7. “Disable” any unwanted toolbar or extension from “Hotwebfree.com” publisher.
Extensions to disable/remove in this case:
8. Close all Internet Explorer windows and restart Internet Explorer.
Remove Hotwebfree.com.com infection from Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and go to chrome menu and choose “Settings“.
2. Find the “On startup” section and choose “Set Pages“.
3. Delete the http://www.Hotwebfree.com.com from startup pages by pressing the “X” symbol on the right.
4. Set your preferred startup page (e.g. http://www.google.com) and press “OK“.
5. Under “Appearance” section, check to enable the “Show Home button” option and choose “Change”.
6. Delete the “http://www.Hotwebfree.com.com ” entry from “Open this page” box.
7. Type (if you like) your preferred webpage to open when you press your “Home page” button (e.g. www.google.com) or leave this field blank and press “OK”.
8. Go to “Search” section and choose “Manage search engines“.
9. Choose your preferred default search engine (e.g. Google search) and press “Make default“.
10. Then choose the unwanted Hotwebfree.com (Hotwebfree.com.com) search engine and remove it by pressing the “X” symbol at the right.
Choose “Done” to close “Search engines” window.
11.Choose “Extensions” on the left.
12.In “Extensions” options, remove the unwanted extension by clicking the recycle icon on the right.
13.Close all Google Chrome windows and restart Chrome.
Remove Hotwebfree.com.com from Firefox.
1. Click on “Firefox” menu button and click “Options”.
2. In “General” tab, delete the unwanted homepage: “http://www.Hotwebfree.com.com…” from “Home Page” box & type your preferred homepage (e.g. http://www.google.com). *
* Press “OK” when finished.
3. From Firefox menu, go to “Tools” > “Manage Add-ons”.
4. Choose “Extensions” on the left pane.
5. Remove any unwanted extension (e.g. “Hotwebfree.com”), by pressing the “Remove” button.
6. Close all Firefox windows and restart Firefox.
7. On Firefox URL box, type the following command: about:config & press Enter.
8. Click at “I’ll be careful, I promise” button.
9. In the search box, type: “Hotwebfree.com” & press Enter.
10. Now right-click on every “Hotwebfree.com” value found & select “Reset”.
11. Close all Firefox windows and restart Firefox.
Tip for Computer Protection
It is necessary to be way from unsafe sites.
Do pay attention to unknown emails. Delete those unknown emails immediately and report the to be spam.
It is recommended to download third party programs from their official sites.
Update your security programs and download anti-virus program if you do not have one for further protection and virus removal.
To sum up:
It is not hard to find out that this Hotwebfree.com redirect virus comes along with the free downloads you installed from the internet. Before agreeing the installation of free programs, you.d better read all the terms and conditions as well as bundles. If those infected symptoms mentioned above appear on your computer,you should notice that your computer is attacked by Hotwebfree.com. Such infection is capable of bringing chaos to your computer. Hence, do remove it from you computer system as quick as you can. However, the removal guides listed above can help you effectively and completely get rid of it.
Download SpyHunter to stop virus attacks
SpyHunter is a professional and effective security tool which aims at removing dangerous virus, detecting potential threats, cleaning insecure traces, stopping malicious downloads, backing up crucial data and uninstalling potential unwanted programs.