Is searchnewtabtv.com changing your default homepage without asking for any permission? Actually, this is a browser redirect that aims at controlling your start page. It will forcibly modify the browser settings by itself. It belongs to malicious sites that can not do good to PC users but make redirection on browser search instead. Such site shows a lot of commercial pop ups related to ad-supported sites to make money from users. Also, it spies on your browser activities and steal and send useful information to remote hacker.
More about searchnewtabtv.com
searchnewtabtv.com is reported to be a redirect virus that alters browser settings of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome without authorization. It modifies your homepage and search engine and change to its related domains once it has successfully entered your computer system.
However, it will not be satisfied with changing browser settings only. It will also replace your search results and that is the reason why you may find that the search results are stranger than before. All you get is just this site or its related domains no matter you are surfing or searching on the infected browser. It is an advertising platform although it looks like Google search. Many unwanted results and sponsored links will be listed on your search results. Pretending to be a legitimate search provider, it gathers your browsing habits and analyzes your search keywords or information for promoting advertisements. Also, it delivers bogus pop up massage. This site consists of malicious contents and services as strange links, video files, pictures, text information and applications which are all under its control. It will not take the possibility of all the damages performed by third parties.
The Peculiarity of This Browser Hijacker
-can bypass the detection of anti-virus programs, hence, it can not be easily removed.
-can make redirection when you are browsing the internet.
-can reduce the system loading speed and lead to blue screen.
-can display random ads to bother your regular works.
-can make changes on your browser settings and make them hard to reset.
Any of the above symptoms can be used to judge if your computer is infected by browser hijacker or redirect virus, once you find any trace of it, do remove it immediately.
Ways searchnewtabtv.com Enter your PC
Generally, redirect virus is distributed through the internet via attaching to free applications. This kind of redirect always bundles with free resources which can be found from the internet. Most of time, it comes along with some applications that you often do not pay enough attentions. You are likely activate its installation without being known when you agree those third party program to perform their installations onto your computer. This redirect will first take actions to replace this default homepage of Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. Also, net users are possible to get infected by this redirect when they open some email attachments which attach on unknown emails. What is more, there are other suspicious sites contain such virus and users need to avoid those sites.
Steps to Remove searchnewtabtv.com Redirect Virus
Note: the manual removal is not safe enough for inexperienced computer users who do not have any computer skills and removal practices. To these users, we recommend to download auto-fix tool.
If you still want to try manual removal, do follow the steps one by one. Do be careful when you are removing system files and registry.
Step 1. Uninstall related program from control panel
From Windows 8
1. First of all you have you scroll mouse pointer to right side of the screen>> then type Control Panel in the box and select it.
2. Here choose Uninstall a Program option under programs
3. In the programs And Features>> select Installed On to get all recently installed applications and software.
4. Now right click on the searchnewtabtv.com and other unwanted programs and press Uninstall option.
From Windows 7/ Vista
1. User should click on the Start button and select Control Panel>> then choose Uninstall a Program option under the programs.
2. Inside the Programs and features>> press Installed On to find all newly installed software.
3. Now you need to right click on searchnewtabtv.com and then opt Uninstall option.
Step 2. Clear windows registry
1. Click on the Start Menu and select Run option or you can Press Windows and R key simultaneously to open Run box.
2. Now you should type “regedit” in the box and press OK button.
3. Here you need to remove searchnewtabtv.com and all files related with the threat.
Step 3. Reset browser settings to default
Reset Google Chrome Settings
1. You should click on Google Chrome Menu Button>> Select Settings option
2. Now type “reset Setting” in the search box>> After that press “Reset Settings” button
3. Finally get Reset option.
Note:- If you reset the Google Chrome, then your personal data including Bookmarks, saved password will remain same and only remove extensions, settings, history, cookies etc of searchnewtabtv.com and its related malicious files.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Settings
1. First of all Click on the Menu button on the top right corner of the window>> here select “Open Help Menu”>> now press “Troubleshooting Information” option.
2. In this step user need to choose “Refresh Firefox” option and at last select Finish option.
Reset Internet Explorer Settings
1. Firstly, you have to launch Internet Explorer>> Now click on the “Gear Menu” button and after that choose Internet Options.
2. here you should opt “Advance” tab and then click on the Reset option.
How to Keep Your PC Safe
It is crucial for PC users to notice the danger of surfing the internet and downloading applications for the high risks of being infected by browser virus and other threats when taking those actions. Advanced or Custom installation should always be the first choice and do not agree ant unfamiliar applications to be installed on the computer.
It is easy to draw the conclusion that searchnewtabtv.com redirect virus may bring a mess to your computer. It is recommend you remove this redirect as soon as possible to secure you browsing activities and keep your computer healthy. You can download an effective and powerful removal tool if you are lack of computer skills and do not have any removal experiences. This can be safer and more effective to deal with such threat.
Download SpyHunter to stop virus attacks
SpyHunter is a professional and effective security tool which aims at removing dangerous virus, detecting potential threats, cleaning insecure traces, stopping malicious downloads, backing up crucial data and uninstalling potential unwanted programs.